Three 20-something women trying to figure out what it means to be lay, Catholic, and modern all at once.


August 26, 2010

Our Lady of Czestochowa


Today is the feast of Our Lady of Czestochowa, the Black Madonna, patroness and protector of Poland, beloved of Pope John Paul II. She also happens to hang over my desk. (Sometimes I talk to her. Really, I ought to talk to her much more.)

And, recently, I discovered this prayer on a holy card:

HOLY MOTHER of Czestochowa, Thou are full of grace, goodness and mercy. I consecrate to Thee all my thoughts, words and actions--my soul and body. I beseech Thy blessings and especially prayers for my salvation.

Today I consecrate myself to Thee, Good Mother, totally--with body and soul amid joy and sufferings to obtain for myself and others Thy blessings on this earth and eternal life in Heaven. Amen.

Amen. Amen!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails