Three 20-something women trying to figure out what it means to be lay, Catholic, and modern all at once.


August 20, 2010

An Eat Pray Love Kind of Day

I'll admit, I've never read the book Eat, Pray, Love, nor am I sure I can really endorse it at all. I have no real desire to see the film, if it's anything like all the other fluffy, predictable "I-have-had-a-rough-go-at-it-so-I-need-to-go-somewhere-and-find-myself" kind of films. Yet, I have to admit I've had an Eat, Pray, Love kind of day today. I did not get the job I was desperately praying for (instinct, I want to eat, preferably some nice, smooth, extra dark chocolate and LOTS of it. Maybe add some nice smooth peanut butter to that. And oh! How about a few glasses of some expensive white wine. Oh, wait. I'm broke.) Next move, pray (seriously, God, seriously? What am I this year, a punching bag??? Be shocked, that is what I said.) After declaring to Him that I was getting quite sick of His will (mostly because it does not quite seem to be disclosed to me), I have to remind myself to love. To love Him, because really, He owes me nothing and gives me everything. To love my family because they still encourage me despite my manifold failings. To love myself (and have confidence too), because it is really easy to lose that and wallow in what seems like endless darkness and disappointment.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Way to talk it up! Sorry to hear that the job fell through, but thanks for the update.

Here's praying that relief comes soon.

-Kevin

Anonymous said...

Aww, sorry to hear about the job. Prayers for the perfect job that God has in store for you! : )

And just FYI, you're not missing much with Eat, Pray, Love...

God bless+
Becky

Related Posts with Thumbnails