Three 20-something women trying to figure out what it means to be lay, Catholic, and modern all at once.


March 23, 2010

A Thought While on Retreat


Sisters and readers -- I'm on a Kairos retreat with my students until Thursday, but today I wanted to leave you with a simple post to link you to a letter from Archbishop Dolan of New York on the importance of keeping the Sabbath holy. It was a real wake-up call for me to prioritize my life and to be intentional in refraining from too much technology, work, or errands on our day of rest. We should not just rest to relax, but rather rest in the Lord. Thank you, Archbishop (and my friends who passed it along to me), for an important reminder. It's really beautiful and worth its length. We are so blessed with wonderful shepherds.

Prayers for you all while I'm on retreat!

2 comments:

Margaret E. Perry said...

i love him.

Shannon said...

prayers for a wonderful retreat!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails