Three 20-something women trying to figure out what it means to be lay, Catholic, and modern all at once.


May 1, 2009

More comfort from St. Joseph

On March 19th we featured two stories posts about St. Joseph (1, and 2), about his role as father, protector, comforter. Well today I'd like to join the church in honoring him as we celebrate the feast of St. Joseph the Worker.

The Feast was established in 1955 by St. Pius XII, in response to the "May Days" of the communist movement. Pope Pius XII reminded the church that we have real models of behavior in the Saints, and especially in the Bible.

I know a lot of people are looking for work today, and I know my other sisters are struggling with work, so I pray that this day will be of some comfort to them all. Oh, St. Joseph! You just help with everything!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails