Three 20-something women trying to figure out what it means to be lay, Catholic, and modern all at once.


May 15, 2009

I Don't Know The Words

My word: I haven't posted in quite some time. I apologize, my sisters. Part of the point of this blog was to serve as a source of strength and inspiration as we struggle with the daily goings on of our life, but sometimes those burdens grow so large that I find little point in talking about them. Or rather, the only words I can come up with are complaints.

I had that problem last week. My parents came out for a visit--which is very different from when I go home for a visit. When i go home, I go to be refreshed, talk about things, rest my body so that I can rest my mind. When they came out we went from place to place, juggled logistics, wandered from resturant to resturant. It was crazy, and I was moody.

Now that they are gone, all I can think is: I wasted all that time, and all those chances to see how they're doing, what their thinking, how they like the city, what they want to do. And all those chances to talk about what I was burdened with.

On the other hand, Mom called to say she had more fun this weekend than she has had in a really long time. I guess I did something right.

2 comments:

Julian said...

Just more proof that we rally are not in control :)

God knows what He's doing. Keep trusting.

Edith Magdalene said...

Just be patient with yourself, Agatha. We all have ups and downs in our life -- and your sisters are with you always, if not in proximity at least in the Eucharist! And that's pretty powerful!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails