Three 20-something women trying to figure out what it means to be lay, Catholic, and modern all at once.


January 1, 2010

I Hereby Resolve...

...to post my resolutions! No, only kidding. I think it's important to put our resolutions out here on "paper" so that we can remind ourselves of their importance and the significance of sticking to things that we commit to. Maybe that in itself will be a resolution!

1. To more punctual. I'm not really someone to arrive late to places I'm invited, or work for that matter, but I do cut it pretty darn close on a regular basis; in fact, I cut it close way too often. Too many mornings I'm downing my coffee at the vanity while I blow dry my hair. Not only does this look ridiculous, but it's not safe! Part of this punctuality business is going to involve waking up when my alarm goes off and budgeting my time during the day more efficiently.

2. To add a Holy Hour to my week. My best friend has inspired me by her own example. She drives a good distance every week to spend one hour with the Lord. There is a perpetual adoration chapel less than 2 miles from my house. There is absolutely no excuse not to respond to the Lord when He asks, "Would you not spend an hour with me?"

3. To be more cheerful. I wrote earlier this week that Mother Teresa has inspired me to work at this virtue. The people in my life do not need negativity, cynicism, or sarcasm in their lives. They need love, and they need me to have a goodhearted spirit. I need to work on this right along with patience.

Have a blessed New Year. May Our Lady protect us and teach us what it means to be lay, Catholic, and modern women!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails