Three 20-something women trying to figure out what it means to be lay, Catholic, and modern all at once.


January 19, 2010

Gluten Free Living



Well, today I am going to write a short post, and ask for you suggestions! It deviates from the norm a bit, but today I want to talk about food. I have decided that I am going to start a gluten free diet - well, I have been now for about a month - since going home for Christmas. My mother has Celiac disease, to the point where she suffered cancer in her thyroid. She is doing great, but keep her in your prayers for no more cancer!

Anyway, I started to notice some of the above linked symptoms in myself, and decided to experiment with gluten free living. What a difference it has made! I noticed almost instantaneous changes in my moods, energy, and comfort. Before, I felt almost a textbook case of gluten intolerance. But now that I've made the change, I need some help! Do any of you know of gluten free recipes or have any tips or suggestions? I found Gluten Free Girl - an awesome blog with all kinds of links. I love it! I have a bread maker and have been making my own breads - a great comfort to me who is crazy for bread! But still, I'd like to learn more and get some tips on making this my new lifestyle - or diet style!! Thanks, my sisters!

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Good luck with the gluten-free! One of my favorite food blogs has an entire gluten-free category of recipes, definitely worth checking out!

Edith Magdalene said...

Thank you so much for this!!! This is great! Gluten free living is literally opening so many new modes of food - and I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails