Three 20-something women trying to figure out what it means to be lay, Catholic, and modern all at once.


February 24, 2009

(not) Angry

Today I nearly broke down and quit my job. My boss put me in the middle of a terrible situation, had no apologies for it, and it was all his fault in the first place. Then, when we were done talking about it, he said "how are you?"--I nearly exploded. Instead, I ended the conversation as quickly as possible, and hung up.

As soon as I hung up, I shouted the most vulgar word I knew, and then looked up and realized I was in front of a Church.

Edith's post about reserving judgement is so important and inspiring. For my part, in dealing with this terrible job, I have been so caught up in anger and bitterness. Instead of seeing it as a chance to grow in grace, I've indulged in my "justified" anger. It's true, I'm getting better at executing the job, and I'm always offering it up, which helps some, but I am not getting better at bearing with it.

My prayer for lent is that I find a new job. My goal in lent is to let Christ calm that anger, at least a little bit.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails