Three 20-something women trying to figure out what it means to be lay, Catholic, and modern all at once.


January 20, 2009

A Little Bit of Hope

I don't know about you, but I am probably the only American who is not excited about Inauguration day. It just seems so...contrived to me. Yes, it's a big historical moment -- the first African American president. But the Hollywood hype? The moment-by-moment newscasts with the most banal comments? Anyway, I've been feeling kind of just 'blah' about the whole thing. But, I have hope. Thursday is the March for Life, and I cannot think of any better way for pro-life Americans (and all Americans, really) to welcome this very much pro-abortion president to office. If Obama truly wants to live up to a man like Lincoln (to whom everyone is comparing him), let's show him that it is only by standing up for life that he can accomplish such a task. After all, isn't that what Lincoln did? And one more thing -- just meditate on this. It brought me some hope and perhaps it will bring some to you too.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

This comment comes way late, but I'm just now making it through the blog.

I too had no love for inauguration day. I'm in DC and since inauguration day was a city-wide holiday, I went skiing in PA with 10 other guys--it was great!

I went to my first March this year. It was a great experience. The best part of it was the Vigil for Life Mass the night before. The March itself was pretty great as well, especially seeing so many people who take the issue seriously come out to take a stand.

Related Posts with Thumbnails