Three 20-something women trying to figure out what it means to be lay, Catholic, and modern all at once.


December 31, 2009

Carols

Hey Girls! Sorry for the late posting--I ended up having to help around the house all day in prep for a family lunch.

Tomorrow we'll be posting our new year's resolutions; today I'd like to keep in mind that Christmas is not over--indeed it is only about half-way through. We still have 3 days in the Octave of Christmas, and another 6 days till Epiphany. So, for your listening pleasure, here are some Christmas Carols, from many centuries and all over the world:













This last, Jesus Christ the Apple Tree seems fitting for us sisters:

The tree of life my soul hath seen,
Laden with fruit and always green:
The trees of nature fruitless be
Compared with Christ the apple tree.

His beauty doth all things excel:
By faith I know, but ne'er can tell
The glory which I now can see
In Jesus Christ the apple tree.

For happiness I long have sought,
And pleasure dearly I have bought:
I missed of all; but now I see
'Tis found in Christ the apple tree.

I'm weary with my former toil,
Here I will sit and rest awhile:
Under the shadow I will be,
Of Jesus Christ the apple tree.

This fruit doth make my soul to thrive,
It keeps my dying faith alive;
Which makes my soul in haste to be
With Jesus Christ the apple tree.

(Also, aren't all those choir boys SOOOOO cute with their white frocks and ruffles!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these carols. Thank you! Also, the boy with the glasses cracks me up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails