Three 20-something women trying to figure out what it means to be lay, Catholic, and modern all at once.


June 5, 2009

Matchmaker


I wish I was a writer. A writer of fiction, I mean. I would create love stories for all the people I love, and make them work out. Then I'd be an "Emma" only I wouldn't hurt anyone.

I think most women have a bit of the matchmaker in them. I can't claim any real successes--but I can't claim any disasters, either. There are certianly people I was pulling for to get together that did, and are now happily married , with little ones bouncing on their knees. But I'd be lying if I said I had anything to do with it.

I also have a list a mile long, both sexes, of people I want to see married. Of the men, I wish I could marry them all--they are so great! Of the women, well, I just don't understand why men aren't knocking down their doors. And yet none of them really match up with each other.

All the same, I have embarked on a little matchmaking project, and I am happy to say, I think it might work out. It certainly adds up on paper. And the more I think about it, the more I enjoy the idea. If I were a writer, I'd write the ending now. But this is real life, so I won't dare.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails