Three 20-something women trying to figure out what it means to be lay, Catholic, and modern all at once.


March 9, 2009

I Love the Pope!

This will probably be one of many blogs of this title because anyone who knows me know that I really do LOVE THE POPE (he and Fr. James Schall are hands down my two favorite members of the clergy). Anyway, Pope Benedict XVI commented yesterday for International Women's Day (by the way, happy belated Women's day), praising women for their work in the world and calling for a renewed commitment to the dignity of women. He spoke of Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta and recalled Pope John Paul II's wonderful letter on women, Mulieris Dignitatem (I would highly recommend it!) So, from the Vatican -- hats off to all the ladies. Hope you all enjoyed your day and rejoice in the great gift of femininity!

2 comments:

Margaret E. Perry said...

is there a copy of his speech online anywhere?

Edith Magdalene said...

No, I looked - just a Zenit news story found here http://zenit.org/article-25310?l=english. I'll post the link in the blog too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails