Three 20-something women trying to figure out what it means to be lay, Catholic, and modern all at once.


March 19, 2011

Lent

So, I don't know much about the temperaments , but I do know that I am at least in part very melancholic. I mean, I wrote a graduate thesis on purgative suffering and its relation to hope, for goodness' sake. When given the choice, I always choose to pray the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary. And I really love Lent. I am drawn to think of our Lord on the Cross. Not sad, not emo, just a thinker, I guess.

Yesterday I went to my parish's Stations of the Cross, and I just simply fell in love all over again with this tradition. I love the Stabat Mater, I love the genuflecting, I love the meditation on redemption found throughout the Scriptures and how they are perfected in Christ. So, here are some things I'm using to help me with my meditation. Perhaps they will be of help to you, too!

1. A Holy Hour. If you can get to Him, go!


2. Bach's Passion of St. Matthew. This just gets me right in the zone.


3. Danielle Rose's Mysteries CD: especially the reflection on the Agony in the Garden.



4. Praying the Seven Sorrows Rosary with Immaculee Ilibagiza.


Prayers for a deepened encounter with the crucified Christ!




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails