Three 20-something women trying to figure out what it means to be lay, Catholic, and modern all at once.


December 21, 2010

Work, work, work!

These last few days of work before Christmas are, sometimes, utter agony. Everyone around me is wishing me a Merry Christmas, and I feel like a scrouge, because I have to spend 20 of the next 52 hours in the office getting a ton of work done. This then, is keeping me inline:
You have recieved God's call to a specific way: it is to be at all the crossroads of the world, while remaining all the while, and as you carry out your professional work, in God.
--Jose Maria Escriva, #748, The Forge

It's not Christmas yet. These next few days will be the intense, expectant, hard-working days of Advent. And when I arrive home, I'll rejoice. But first: to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this quote! I've been feeling the same way lately, especially when I'm the only one stuck at the office! : )

God bless you and hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

-Becky

Julian said...

I hear you, Agatha! Every time I lift the red pen, I'm offering it for you and Edith!

Related Posts with Thumbnails