Three 20-something women trying to figure out what it means to be lay, Catholic, and modern all at once.


September 28, 2010

My Teaching Experience, Year Three

This year, my experience in the classroom is like nothing I've gone through as of yet. I don't know if it's just that I know the material well by now, or that I've integrated it into my own life, or that I have taught these girls before, but I feel more relaxed in front of the classroom, free to have a dialogue with the girls, to explain things (even while lecturing), in a manner that comes from my heart. I think I'm learning what it means to be a teacher, at least according to St. Augustine. Augustine believes that Christ is in the internal teacher within everyone. In order for Christ to teach my students, I must be free in my presentation of His truth. This includes preparation, study, organization, and comfort. I think I'm getting there. Please continue to pray for me so that these girls may know Christ.

One girl has an incredibly cynical view of the human person, which is directly going to reflect her ethical framework. She believes that deep down, everyone is either motivated by guilt or by fear of punishment. She believes that only Christ is capable of living selflessly, and that even Mother Teresa must have been motivated by fear of hell. I'm wondering what kind of household she comes from. Please pray for her!

I offer up certain periods of the day for our readers and for all of your needs. Don't hesitate to email us with things we can pray for!

1 comment:

Angela Miceli said...

I have said it before, and I don't mean it to be trite. You are a blessing to your girls more than you even know. My prayers are with you friend!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails