Three 20-something women trying to figure out what it means to be lay, Catholic, and modern all at once.


June 9, 2010

Remembering Our Guardian Angels

In my present state of melancholy (which does not become me; it is not my normal temperament to be melancholy, but I feel like Eeyore nonetheless), I read an article that reminded me once again of the need to be joyful: I have a Guardian Angel with me always, to whom I can always turn. Just to remind people like me of this fact, Fr. Marcello Stanzione, an Italian priest, started a society to educate the faithful about our celestial guardians.

St. Padre Pio is known for being a great friend to his Guardian Angel, and in a letter to one of his friends, he writes:
Well, know that he is still powerful against Satan and his satellites; his charity has not diminished, nor will he ever fail in defending us. Develop the beautiful habit of always thinking of him; that near us is a celestial spirit, who, from the cradle to the tomb, does not leave us for an instant, guides us, protects us as a friend, a brother; will always be a consolation to us especially in our saddest moments.
God is good indeed, sometimes we just need a little reminder! Our Guardian Angels do just that!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails