Three 20-something women trying to figure out what it means to be lay, Catholic, and modern all at once.


November 29, 2010

TV's Latest Low

I admit it...I was flipping through one of the various celebrity gossip magazines to get the scoop on the royal engagement between Prince William and Catherine Middleton (my chances of being a princess have now been severely diminished...shucks). Anyway, while flipping through, I saw an ad for a new reality TV show - Bridal Plasty - where brides to be compete with each other to get the grand prize - plastic surgery for the big day.

Not much about this world shocks me anymore...but this is TV's and the wedding industry's greatest low point to date, I'd say. Here's what I have to say to this: Dear World: Thank you for reminding me once again why as a Christian, I am in the world and not of it. Lord help us all. Amen.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails